Served by the Scalabrinian
missionaries since 1890
911 E. Missouri Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri
The guidelines for weddings and funerals are here for your review. These guidelines must be completed on paper and reviewed with the Parish Office prior to scheduling a wedding or funeral. Please call us at 816.842.5440 for more information.
The funeral Mass of a Christian is a community celebration of the new life the person was called to enjoy with God for eternity. The prayers, readings and songs of the liturgy emphasize the death and resurrection of Jesus and His promise that He has gone to prepare a place for us when “our time has come to return to the Father”.
These guidelines emphasize this sense of Christian community at prayer and the great human and spiritual support it gives to the family of the departed.
Who can be buried at Holy Rosary Church?
- A parishioner is a person who is presently registered and contributes financially to Holy Rosary parish. The donation for the funeral is $250.
- A former parishioner of Holy Rosary who is presently registered and contributes to another parish needs the permission of his or her pastor who should be invited to celebrate the funeral. If the pastor is unable to celebrate the funeral, Holy Rosary will provide the priest. The donation for the funeral is $400.
- A former parishioner of Holy Rosary who is not registered in any parish may be buried at Holy Rosary Church, but the family must provide a priest. The donation to Holy Rosary is $400.
- Persons who have never been parishioners of Holy Rosary need to contact the parish where they reside for their funeral service.
- People who are admitted to a care facility or a nursing home can still remain parishioners of Holy Rosary by contacting the parish for pastoral service and by contributing financially either personally or through their family.
- A person who does not keep in touch with the parish and does not contribute for one year is no longer considered a parishioner of Holy Rosary.
Who will provide the music for the funeral celebration?
Only Holy Rosary’s hired organist and singers are assigned to play and sing for all parish funerals.
Organist, Rick Janssen.
Work phone: 913-236-9717
Singer, Anne Dillon.
Cell phone: 816-305-2666
Singer, Vickie Stanley.
Cell phone: 816-517-6321
Any other organist or singer needs the approval of the pastor.